I'm on my way!

I'm on my way!

Thursday, November 11, 2010

A bit off track

I seemed to have lost focus a bit this week. 
 I got quite a bit of exercise in and seemed to be really craving and fighting my sugar addiction.
I have been eating more convenient processed foods and not counting calories and feel huge & fat! My body seems to do well on healthy whole foods (whose doesn't?)

I had quite a spill jogging last week. 
 I did 5.3 km and I went to do it again and my feet were feeling a little bit heavy
and I tripped and came down hard.
So much for getting my body bikini ready for Mexico!
 It's healing up pretty good except for the knee.
 I can't imagine doing this at the beginning of a Marathon and getting trampled by thousands!

Speaking of Marathons ---- I have registered for my first race!
 I am going to do a HALF MARATHON (21.1km) in Vancouver on May 1st!
 So excited. It's the 40th year for the race and
I am turning 40 next year so will be getting a special birthday race bib!

I am currently sitting in the airport on my way to Mexico. 
 I am going to try very hard to lose weight on my trip.
 My goal was to be 199.9 by now and I got to 202.4 and then
 hormones, bloating and life happened and I am at 203.
 So no room for 3 out of control buffets a day and endless drinks by the pool. 
 I will choose wisely and pay for any shortcoming.
There is a gym at the hotel that I will use as well and walk through the sand on the beach! 
 I have NO one peice bathing suit packed - so a BIKINI it is!

I am looking at this as my summer vacation.
The month "OFF" in Utah was great - but it certainly was not much of a vacation.
 So I am going to soak up the sun for 5 days in Cabo San Lucas and recharge
 the batteries and get ready to take the bull by the horns again.

For the first time - I am not running to the vending machine past security to buy
 6 bottles of Diet Coke to take to Mexico - Coca Lite does not taste the same
so I have always taken my stash of pop and chocolate bar - so that I could enjoy holidays.
I now have packed a book, some almonds, apples, veggie tray and subway sub,
bottle of water to enjoy the trip!
How great it feels to not be a slave.

Happy Remberance Day!
My bed for the next 5 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment