I'm on my way!

I'm on my way!

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

On the road again - (or atleast not draggin on the ground)

A bit of determination goes a long ways! 
I set my mind to it and Monday morning was my January 1st! 
Caffeine Detox ( from the diet cokes)


 and Sugar Detox
and it's Day 3 and I'm still alive to talk about it!
Now just to get off the Tylenol addiction for all the headaches. LOL! No headaches & fatigue today!

Yesterday I had a hard day at work and I am feeling some stress around my upcoming exercise classes. For the first time in 14 years of teaching here, i don't know if I have a spot to teach and 35 anxious students that want boot camp.

  Normally - Diet Coke & Mr. Big would have comforted me - but instead....  I chose to hop on my bike, headed out west towards the magnificent Rocky Mountains and biked 16 km's and then turned around and came home. I did 32 km's in 1 hr 17 min and it felt great!

In three days this week, I have done 50 km's between biking, walking and jogging.
 It feels great to feel great again and I can't believe that it only took
3 days of clean healthy eating, exercise & good night's sleep!

I sat down last night and did my goal setting sheet. My goal is to lose 19 lbs by Oct 20th
 ( our family vacation to Hawaii)  but... I have learned that that damn scale is not the be all end all...


for those of you who are addicted to the scale ... beware

I am 15 lbs lighter now than when I came back from Utah last year and
my body fat percentage is higher and my muscle mass is lower
and my clothes don't fit or look as good as they did a year ago

Don't be afraid of those weights, they may give you some muscles that weight more but you'll look better and burn more calories sleeping.

Well it's my Friday tomorrow and a challenge for me to keep this momentum going

why

BECAUSE I CAN  and I AM   WORTH IT!

until next time ... don't just think about it - DO IT!



No comments:

Post a Comment