I'm on my way!

I'm on my way!

Saturday, August 20, 2011

1 Step Forward and 3 steop Back

Well I always said "if i didn't have to work - I would have no excuse to not be more active!" How wrong that is! I do not function well without a routine.  I've been off work for a month now and all in all I"m eating well and preparing meals but then snacking on crap and drinking pop all day long.  I am actually looking forward to getting home tomorrow and getting back to work on Monday.

I can't believe that it's almost been a year since I returned from Fitness Ridge. I am definitely not where I thought or wanted to right now .... but on the other hand - I am still under the weight that I came home at. I still have 4 months to tweak a few things and work hard until my 40th Birthday!

While on holidays here in BC, with access to this damn computer and Internet ( which is one of my biggest stumbling blocks) Bob Harper ( trainer from the Biggest Loser TV show) posted and it really opened my eyes and a day later The Biggest Loser Resort also posted it ( as I was reading while snacking on a chocolate bar) 

A true lifestyle change means you have to CHANGE your life!

Wow - how simple yet how complicated that is!  So it is time to sit down and go through my weight loss jump start materials and so some self assessments and goal setting and do some Changing!

Looking back since my last post -

I had a wonderful trip to Las Vegas with my husband.  We did a side trip up to Utah and I stopped by Fitness Ridge and wow - the emotions that rolled out.  We had a great day hiking around snow creek canyon and I did not do that STOP sign hike - as I wanted to spend my time hiking with him - and I did not need to prove anything to myself as I knew that I would have made it up there in under an hour




I kicked butt in my first Triathlon.  Even with my really really bad transition from the pool to the bike ( I decided that I wanted to be comfortable not fast, so I changed )
(didn't shower but might as well have LOL)
I came in 2 / 8 in my age category.



I would love to more triathlons and am considering spending my winter vacation at a Triathlon Training Camp in Tucson, Arizona in Feb!

I signed up for the Las Vegas Marathon.  After thinking about it ... I have decided that I am not going to go.  I really don't want to complete one of the biggest accomplishments of my life and get to the finish line and ....... have no one special there.  So I will find a marathon in Alberta where my family and friends could come and support me!

Well .... that's about it

The next post will not be 4 months away because



No comments:

Post a Comment