I'm on my way!

I'm on my way!

Monday, May 9, 2011

2 steps back and one step forward!

Where to start? I can't believe that it's been 4 months since my last post!

Let's start in February.  Our friends got married in the mountains and it was a great weekend away.



Me & My Wonderful Husband


Dancing with my boys!

A few days later, we went on a fantastic vacation to Maui HAWAII! Carson & I spent 10 glorious days in Maui.  I was feeling pretty sick with the flu and got down to ??? maybe 195 while in Hawaii. Dehydrated and feeling very skinny!  Then I got feeling better and found a great deal on chocolate covered macadamian nuts ;( probably a good few lbs on those)  I did quite a bit of walking and snorkelling - made decent food choices for being on holidays.


Enjoying a wonderful meal at sunset at Whalers Village


 Snorkelling in Molokini

We rented a boat and found a pod of wild Dolphins!
Wow what an amazing experience! 


 My favorite past time - swimming with the turtles!

Rock Climbing with the Junior Forest Warden's ( this is the kids' small wall)
did the big one - and made it to the top - so much easier
than it was 60 lbs ago!

May came along and I found myself in Vancouver with the challenge of my first
HALF MARATHON! I did well with my training - my fastest time was 2 hr 22 min to do 21.1 km
My goal was to do the race in under 2:15

The night before the race I stubbed my toe in the restraunt - ugh
So I wrapped it up and stuffed it in my shoe!


My time was 2 hours 10 min 49 sec! FANTASTIC - I was so proud. 
The race was relatively easy! There was a 200 m hill at Stanley Park at mile 8 
you could tell those who had not done the hill training - most were walking up the hill
I followed my training plan - 10 min run and 1 min walk - even up the HILL! 
It was tough but - I CAN DO IT! The training at Fitness Ridge helped
The mountain class, the treading class - dig deeper and try harder!
 

 Awesome feeling at the finish line! 
 Can't wait to hold the marathon metal next!

If you don't set your goals high - you won't know how far you can climb!


Even with the a successful race under my belt and my first triathalon around the corner - I feel like I am drowning!  I have gained 7 lbs and am having touble getting it off.  Consuming the devil's Diet Coke again, which goes hand in hand with chips, chocolate & ice cream.  I feel out of control and my fat cells have expanded and I feel like I've gained a whole lot more than  7 lbs!

How does one from feeling like the girl on the right - to the girl on the left in a matter of a few short months?
One day at a time - I am still down 62 lbs and I"m not throwing in the towel by any means!
The choice is mine - time to re-evaluate my goals, rewards
and make a U Turn!

I am off to Las Vegas with Carson the end of May. I am looking forward to going back to Utah to
conquer that STOP SIGN! I want to see how fast I can do it now!
And take Carson up some amazing hikes in Snow Creek Canyon!

Have an awesome week!


No comments:

Post a Comment