I'm on my way!

I'm on my way!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Week 1 at home




I am it home and things are going extremely well. I am down 4 lbs since I've been back. More importantly, I am mentally and physically on board with the new Healthy Eating Program.
I learned so much at The Biggest Loser Resort and I am using it all.
I got home and my husband had sold my old smaller motorcycle and bought me a newer bigger one. I love it and my motorcycle jacket zips up - yeah!
We have starting having regular family meals. I realized that that was something that was missing from our family life and they stress the importance at Fitness Ridge so I thought I would try it. We have gone from eating out as a family @3 times a week to none! Our plan is to go out 1 night a week and each family member can choose the location once a month.
My husband and I went out for lunch one day. We chose a broiled salmon meal and shared it. We each had a side salad and a big glass of water. We went over to the Dairy Queen after lunch and I ordered a small sundae and only at 1/4 of it (that was enough of a taste and satisfied me) and I threw the rest out!
We also went out to a movie in the city on the weekend and went out for dinner with Friends, ordered poached halibut and veggies. At the movie, I had some popcorn -we shared a bag, I picked up a 100 calorie chocolate bar and I had a diet coke. I was scared to take a sip - I thought it might be like an alcoholic - but I drank only 1/2 and enjoyed it and have not had another drop ... nor have I been tempted. Only water for this girl. .... a few lemon slices here and there, but mostly water!
I have made plans with my workout buddies and have had 5 fitness dates since I got home. I climbed a mountain with a friend on a day off (having hiking withdrawals), weight training workouts, running the stairs, family walks to the waterfall.
Today I RAN! There is a 5.6km trail and I always walk it and can do it in about 45 - 50 min if I walk it quickly. Today a Friend and I ran 5 min and walked 1 min and did it in 36 minutes. Wow! I can run!
I am facilitating a women's wellness weekend retreat this weekend. The ladies have the opportunity to go horseback riding, canoeing, kayaking, archery, wall climbing, yoga , mountain biking, belly dancing. I am leading bootcamp, core camp, stretching, nature hike/ walk.
I am also doing a keynote presentation on "My Experience at The Biggest Loser Resort". I have 70 slides done and it's looking good. I am going to share all the knowledge that I came home with and can hopefully educate and motivate a lot of people to start taking control of their health! I will also be presenting it 3 other times in the community over the next month or so - which will be awesome accountability!
It has been hard to log my food into http://www.fitday.com/ . I have been better this week. When I don't keep track on paper or computer - I am using the plate method and filling half the plate with fruit and veggies, 1/4 lean protein (3 oz) and 1/4 whole grains.
I am sticking to following 1800 calories a day. I am preparing my food ahead of time. There are always lots of good snack options and I keep emergency food with me. Nature Valley Granola Crunch Bars, Apples, Oranges, Almonds.
My husband is on board with the program and is doing quite well with his weight loss as well. I am very proud of him for making the changes and for supporting me. The kids are getting much healthier meals and snacks and lunches as well. They are constantly hugging me - they like being able to wrap their arms all the way around me ... awe and still tell me that they missed me.
It was so exciting going through my closet. I got rid of 2 big garbage bags and passed them onto a Friend who has done great losing weight and can use them. I went shopping and it felt amazing - to go into a store and fit into a regular XL - I'm just into the plus sizes and just at the top of the regular sizes! I didn't buy too much as I hope that the new clothes will be too big soon!
It was the best thing that I have ever done for myself and I have no regrets and am excited to see what new challenges will be ahead for me!
I hope that you are motivated into finding healthier choices in nutrition and exercise - because you are worth it and you can do it!
Until next week!
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment