I'm on my way!

I'm on my way!

Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 12 Nothing's Gonna Stop Me Now






What an amazing week so far. Things are going awesome for me here.


Daily Schedule:

6:30 Hike - We did the dreaded "Stop Sign" - last week I did it in 1 hr 7 min
Today's time was 1 hour and 1 minute. I smoked it! I walked all the
way accept for the jog at the top. Then I walked down with 2 freinds. So we
walked 8.6 miles or 14 km in 2 hours and 8 min. Last time I did it, I had to stop 3
times towards the top to catch my breath. Today I set a pace and did
that pace the whole way. When my heart rate got too high- i would walk
with smaller steps but same pace and it seemed easy. That is amazing how
much my cardio, stamina, mindset has changed in 10 days ( I have probably
lost 15 lbs as well - so imagine putting a 15 lb weight in my pack and carrying
it along - wow!

9:30 Breakfast - yummy eggs and facon sandwich and fruit

10:15 Open Gym - I rode a stationary bike for 45 min and finished watching the movie
"Chole" that I started last night on my ipod.

11:15 Stretch - Erin taught it today - it was awesome - worked on hips and neck

12:15 Lunch Yummy soup & turkey sandwich

1:15 Prep for next week - we got our next week schedules and discussed our
successes from this week

2:30 Circut Training - Was awesome - we did some extra cardio and rotated between
the weights and cardio machines. I picked up the 20 lb weights for biceps
and got running 10.4 mph on the treadmill - yeah!

3:30 Zumba - was so much fun. Burned good calories and had fun

4:30 Liquid Moves - was a volleyball game in the water - so i worked out in the deep
end and got a good water workout!

5:45 Dinner - Salmon Burger and Salad and fruit skewer for dessert.


Today was a great day. I am looking forward to the weekend. I have lots of "stuff" to do - and the more i get done here, the less i have to do at home when i get there! I got on skype last night and it was awesome to see the family at home. I can't believe that I've been gone 2 weeks already today. I miss them. But I think that this will be an awesome thing that I have done for myself and for them. I am learning so much - especially about myself and abilities. I am pushing myself harder than i think i can and I am not quitting when it gets hard - I push through until I physically can't - not mentally can't!


Tomorrow will be West Canyon - an 8 mile walk on a gravel path through some mountains - going to walk it with a new friend who lives 2 hours from me and is also a dental hygienist and will be here for the next 2 weeks.


I plan on laying in the sun and reading a few magazines and just chilling tomorrow afternoon. Saturday night is Graduation for those leaving and Karaoke - so that'll be fun. Sunday a group of us are going to Zion National Park - that will be nice too!


Daily Challenge : Squat Day - you need your quadriceps for everything - bending down, getting out of the car, off the toilet .... etc.... so today's challenge is to try 20 squats. Use a kitchen chair and sit down and stand up - if it's too low you don't have to sit down on it - make sure you stick your behind out - weights should be on your heels and don't let your knees go over your toes. Try to do 20 2 times through the day tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment