I'm on my way!

I'm on my way!

Friday, August 20, 2010

DAY 19 3RD WEEK IS ALMOST OVER













I TOOK THIS PICTURE BECAUSE IT SEEMED LIKE I WAS COVERED IN SWEAT - I THINK I WAS RIGHT!

YESTERDAY WAS PRETTY MUCH AN EMOTIONAL WRITE OFF FOR ME. I WAS TIRED AND JUST WANTED TO GO HOME. IT WAS A TOUGH MORNING BUT THE AFTERNOON GOT BETTER AND I WORKED MY BUTT OFF.
Today's Hike was very interesting. I got 1/4 way thru the hike and I wasn't feeling great. Very dizzy and light headed and today's hike was the most challenging by far. There were a lot of steep ledges to climb down, around, up and one -not the best day to be dizzy. I felt like i needed to eat so I had some sugar and drank tons of water and got feeling better.
A guy in our group slipped and had a very near miss with death! He would have fallen off the side of a cliff that was a good 1000 feet down. He got his grip and just ended up banged up a bit.
After breakfast was open gym - so I took a Friend and we biked up to where we leave from our hikes.
Stretch was after that, I didn't want to stretch so I did a cardio class with another team
Lunch
Lecture about how to make next week better
Circuit Training ( this is what I did with the other group - but I did it again with ours)
Zumba -Ole Ole - was fun
Liquid Moves - they were playing a group game in the pool and I didn't' want to play - so I went back in the gym and did the Circuit Class yet again.
Dinner
I opted out of movie and shopping tonight. I am making a presentation about my experience here and need to start working on it.
Tomorrow is a sign up for a hike day - there was only one other person signed up for 3rd ravine ( the only hike - the rest are walks) so I signed up. It's an intro hike - so I wasn't going to as I like going faster, but with only us 2 intermediate fast hikers we will get our own private guide!
4 of us are going to Bryce Canyon tomorrow afternoon and we will stay overnight and do some hiking and sight seeing and come back on Sunday before dinner. I am looking forward to that.
It will be a test to see how we do in the "real world" as we will need to eat supper, breakfast and lunch out.
They are not doing the reward program anymore. Our group was the last one to get a prize for attending all lectures and classes, so the first week you get a shirt, second a hat, 3 rd a bag, and 4th a coat. I heard a rumour that all the extras were going to be taken to the pro shop to get sold, so I picked up my prizes early. The coat zips up and is a size L. When have I ever been a size L? Always a 2x or 3x - Yeah!
Well I am hanging in there ,happy to have one more week to drill this new lifestyle into my head! Have a great weekend and I'll post some amazing adventures and photos on Sunday after our trip.
Daily Challenge: Do something for yourself - whether it is to read a book, get a massage, dinner with a friend. etc.... treat yourself, take some time for you.. you deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment