I'm on my way!

I'm on my way!

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 7 - Well deserved day off





Happy Birthday Mom!



I'm starting to feel a bit slimmer!

I'm back from Vegas and I have to say that I passed the test perfectly. I had nothing but water to drink - I did splurge and put the occasional lemon and had it on the rocks! I was not even tempted as I knew that it wasn't an option and I am not going to go through that hell of detoxing from diet coke again this week!

I made very healthy food choices. Supper on Saturday night was a 6 inch Oven roasted chicken breast on wheat with no cheese and no sauces - just tons of veggies and a subway yogurt and a McDonald's side salad with no dressing and a big glass of water.
Breakfast today - I just had a banana, then at the mall a small 80 cal fruit smoothie with no sugar added, lunch was a Smorg at Aria - wow - I had a few crab legs, a bit of shrimp cocktail, filled the plate with half salad, small bowl of fruit, and 1/2 of a small bun, and 1 tbsp (yes only 1 tbsp) of a black forest desert thing and took the chocolate spear out of it and didn't eat it.

Supper was another 6 inch sub and lots of water and that is it! I DID IT! Vegas is probably not the easiest place to test your will power, but... I noticed today that when i put my arms down to my sides - they go there - there is not a huge lump holding them out. My body is really changing. I don't see it in the mirror but my clothes all fit different.

At the mall today I saw a pair of Size 18 Jeans at Vanity Fair so I tried them on ( I wear a size 20 / 22) now and.................. they fit and looked great! I did not buy them, because I plan on buying the same jeans in a size 16 in Vegas on the way home in 3 weeks! I tried my goal shorts on that I brought here that I could hardly get over my hips before i left - and I also got them zipped up. Pockets are bulging out but they fit.

I did not get weighed in on the weekend, just didn't get the opportunity - but there was a scale at the mall that told you your true weight for a quarter and it said 236.5 which is quite a ways from the 245 that I had last Sunday at weigh in. The number is not important at all but it motivates me either way, so i guess I'll get to step on this weekend and see what the "number" is. As long as my clothes keep getting biggest - I don't care about that damn number.

I enjoyed the mini vacation to las Vegas. Did not use an escalator once, used the stairs all the time ( even hauling my luggage up ). Enjoyed the pool for a few hours today. I got back to the resort and found out that they were without power with a pretty major storm for most of the day. So I made the right choice and had a great day of relaxation in my own way - which is very important after a very hard week. I even got 7 1/2 hours of sleep in Vegas (that is a record for me!)

Here goes week 2 - I am going to try to do some extras in the pool, gym, bikes outside to try to get an extra 3500 calories burned off by the end of the week, up and over top all the other classes. As a 2nd weeker, I do not have to do most of the lectures - so I will have more free time which I will use wisely.
I am really looking forward to having the opportunity to workout with Ashley, Koli and Michael -I'm sure I will be a bit star struck tomorrow.

Daily Challenge: For this week use "a pie" to fill your plate - half the plate full of vegetables and fruit ( but more veggies), 1/4 lean protein, 1/4 carb ( whole grains) try to make your plate a colorful as you can with lots of different vitamins and minerals in the veggies and fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment