I'm on my way!

I'm on my way!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 2 - What a feeling!



Well it was a great day today - even though I felt sick half the day. We piled in the vans and went to our respective hikes. I got to do "Camelback" today. We got up there so fast that we ended up with a lot of extra time just standing around - which was fine, but it mean less of a calorie burn. (Tomorrow is stop sign hike so I'll burn plenty then!)

After I ate breakfast I felt very sick - flu like. It got a bit better and then I ate lunch and it was worse as well
as the massive headache that I have had for 2 days. My sinuses are really congested here, lots of allergens and the elevation I guess.

I was feeling that this was pretty easy for me at this point, the hikes have not been challenging and no classes made me work that hard and then.............................. Cardio Intervals - OMG - you pick a machine start at a moderate pace and warm up for 5 min and then every 30 seconds you increase the intensity and do this 8 times, so by the time I had gotten to 8 I was running 8.0 mph on the treadmill and then you stay there for a min and come back down gradually every 30 seconds - get a 2 min recovery and then do some sprints - for speed and strength (incline and can't hold onto the treadmill at 15%) and then do it all over again. OK so I had my butt kicked - OH yeah!

Next was Sharon's Total Toning Class. I have never felt so weak in my life. I was not able to finish any of the exercises properly ( started cheating when she wasn't looking) that woman is EVIL! (My bootcampers - I will be more like her when I get back - don't worry) It was good - muscle overload on muscles that were already overloaded!



My calorie burn with exercise today was 2578 calories in 6 hours, a caloric deficit of 1255 ( as my BMR - the amount of calories that my body need to function daily) is 2405 calories and we only ate 1149

so I should be under 3833 calories today and 3500 calories is one pound - yeah! Bizarre to think that you can burn off one pound a day if it's your job!



Daily Challenge: Do you know how many calories you are supposed to eat a day? To find out go to http://www.shapeup.org/ and look up BMR calculator - it takes into account your age, height, weight and sex. To keep track of food eaten " If you bite it, write it!" you can use http://www.fitday.com/ it's free and a great way to track your nutrition and exercise, set goals. Keep a food journal and you'll be surprised how fast those little treats can add up! ( Use measuring cups to know how much you are actually eating too!) off to bed and to take some Vitamin I (ibuprofen)

1 comment: