I'm on my way!

I'm on my way!

Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 8 - The Fullest Day Yet and 9 lbs lost last week



Amazing scenery on the hike today - a few
technical spots as well. Great morning!

Donna is star struck and of course had to wear pink!


It's nice looking at a picture of yourself and liking what you see back!
I am starting to notice so visual changes in my figure! It makes all this
hard work worth it!



Today was awesome. It started out by me sneaking in the weigh in room and stepping on the scale and........... drum roll please............. I lost 9 lb last week. Take out a 10 lb bag of flour and hold it up and just think - that is what I don't have to haul up the mountain on my hike tomorrow! Wow!
I burned 3515 Calories exercising in 7.5 hours. My goal this week is to not waste my extra time. I took a bike out and headed straight up to the mountain range, there is a nice subdivision up there so good pavement - but a steep climb, so i did it 2x. Now that I am in my second week, I don't need to attend most of the lectures so we have that time open and then open gym and they don't care what you do - bike, pool, tennis, etc, just as long as you are doing something!
The hike this am was an assessment hike. It rained hard yesterday so the sand was wet and much easier to walk on - so we got to do a hike that hasn't been done for awhile. It was great. I asked to be moved to a harder hiking group this week - so that I can burn more calories and challenge myself. So we'll see how that goes - wish me luck.
I am pushing myself harder in all the classes. This week I am on the green team. Michael is also on the green team, so that was a nice surprise.
I am so motivated by my 9 lb weight loss last week
that I am working as hard as I can to get the best results. I ran 9.3 mph on the treadmill today - getting closer to that 10.0!
Daily Schedule
Hike
Stretch
Mountain 0r Water ( this week i chose mountain - yeah!)
Went for a 1.5 hour mountain bike
Deep Water Suspension
Circuit Class ( in the 2 min cardio parts I ran on the treadmill the whole time)
Core Class ( a killer today - hope there aren`t too many jokes going around tomorrow)
It was so nice walking into the morning hike meeting being a second weeker, I can still remember how nervous I was last week. I helped a girl who couldn't get her camel back done up and spilled all the water. Everyone is so helpful here, it really is like a big family.
I got my free T Shirt for not missing a class or lecture last week - this week I will get a hat!
Michael, Koli & Ashley gave an hour Q & A tonight. I was very good. The biggest thing that I got out of it is - that food is not the problem - the problem is whatever your problem is and how you deal with it ( Emotional Eating) and until you fix your head - there is no sense trying to lose weight - Fix your head and your body will follow!
Daily Challenge: Do something for yourself tomorrow - give yourself a pedicure, have a bubble bath, go shopping and buy a little something, go for a walk with a friend, do a craft, hobby.. take some time for yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment